Storm surf’s up at Lynmouth
- Credit: Archant
Board riders’ delight as conditions are right for an exhilarating surf session at Lynmouth seafront. Plus Ilfracombe Pier in the storm video.
HUGE seas this evening (Saturday) attracted thrill seeking surfers to Lynmouth to ride the big waves.
Not for the faint-hearted, as the heavy rollers smashed into the village seafront, several daredevil board riders were out in the thick of the action.
With a seabed made up entirely of boulders, which can be heard being ground together by the surging waves, this is definitely a spot for the more experienced surfer.
* Do you have any pictures from tonight’s surf session or of the storm? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll add then to our online galleries.
You may also want to watch:
* Click on the video here to watch scenes of Ilfracombe Pier being battered the waves, filmed by Jay Joachim.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed