Storm surf’s up at Lynmouth
- Credit: Archant
Board riders’ delight as conditions are right for an exhilarating surf session at Lynmouth seafront. Plus Ilfracombe Pier in the storm video.
HUGE seas this evening (Saturday) attracted thrill seeking surfers to Lynmouth to ride the big waves.
Not for the faint-hearted, as the heavy rollers smashed into the village seafront, several daredevil board riders were out in the thick of the action.
With a seabed made up entirely of boulders, which can be heard being ground together by the surging waves, this is definitely a spot for the more experienced surfer.
* Do you have any pictures from tonight’s surf session or of the storm? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll add then to our online galleries.
You may also want to watch:
* Click on the video here to watch scenes of Ilfracombe Pier being battered the waves, filmed by Jay Joachim.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub