Storm pictures: The morning after the night before
- Credit: Guy Harrop
Photographer Guy Harrop captures the scene in North Devon after St Jude blasts its way through.
WHILE North Devon has been busy dusting itself down after the St Jude storm, local photographer Guy Harrop has been out and about capturing the morning after the night before.
Guy left home at around 7.30am today (Monday) to check for storm damage but said the aftermath was not as bad as first predicted.
“The main problems in North Devon were fallen trees and localised flooding, although it definitely wasn’t as bad as everyone expected,” he said.
“There were not as many cars out and about so I think a lot of people had heeded the warning and stayed at home.
“It was still blustery about an hour-or-so ago but there were people windsurfing in the sea at Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
“The whole street was flooded at Weare Giffard, although one local said it was not as bad as last year’s floods.
“He told me the water came up two foot higher and washed away his flower pot.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
To view Guy’s pictures taken around North Devon this morning, click on the gallery link at the top right of this page.