Storm pictures: The morning after the night before
- Credit: Guy Harrop
Photographer Guy Harrop captures the scene in North Devon after St Jude blasts its way through.
WHILE North Devon has been busy dusting itself down after the St Jude storm, local photographer Guy Harrop has been out and about capturing the morning after the night before.
Guy left home at around 7.30am today (Monday) to check for storm damage but said the aftermath was not as bad as first predicted.
“The main problems in North Devon were fallen trees and localised flooding, although it definitely wasn’t as bad as everyone expected,” he said.
“There were not as many cars out and about so I think a lot of people had heeded the warning and stayed at home.
“It was still blustery about an hour-or-so ago but there were people windsurfing in the sea at Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
“The whole street was flooded at Weare Giffard, although one local said it was not as bad as last year’s floods.
“He told me the water came up two foot higher and washed away his flower pot.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
To view Guy’s pictures taken around North Devon this morning, click on the gallery link at the top right of this page.