Still time to sign up for The Big Give
- Credit: Archant
Lose weight and feel great for the North Devon Hospice to celebrate its 30th birthday.
If you want a challenge for 2014 which will change your life and those of others, there’s still time to sign up for the Big Give.
The aim is simple – lose as much weight as possible with expert help from Absolute Trainind and Nutrition, while raising money for the North Devon Hospice.
Each competitor must raise £600 each for the Hospice, but Emma Lowe of the community fundraising team said that shouldn’t put people off.
“Don’t be scared off by the fundraising,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“Gone are the days of pure sponsorship so think more in terms of fundraising.
“You could organise a quiz night in your local, or a sweepstake on how much you will lose in total, or perhaps a bake sale or silly clothes day at work.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“Online giving pages are fantastic as you can also use them to blog your weight loss and fitness journey.”
Emma will be on hand to support through the fundraising side of things, and she has plenty of tips up her sleeve to smash the £600 target.
“I’m here to help all the challengers and we have a great marketing team who can arrange posters and tickets etc,” she added.
“We have a fantastic fundraising team here at the hospice so can always help you work on an idea or suggest a few you may not have thought of.”
As well as fundraising support, each competitor will take part in high intensity interval training with Absolute Training, as well as guidance with nutrition.
And at the end of it all there will be a glitzy ball where you’ll receive a make over and get a chance to show off your brand new body.
Previous challengers have lost between 30lbs-47lbs, to sign up contact Wayne Large at Absolute Training and Nutrition on 01271 370600 or email@example.com.