Sticklepath sex attack: Second incident under investigation
Police want to speak to new witness over possible assault
POLICE in Barnstaple investigating a sexual assault on a woman are trying to trace a potential witness following an incident in the same area a few days later.
The first incident occurred on Monday, November 21 at around 6.50pm in the area of Old Sticklepath Hill when the victim, a woman in her 20s, was sexually assaulted by a man.
Following enquires a man, aged in his 30s, was arrested in connection with the alleged assault and later released on police bail until January 19.
Police are now trying to identify a potential female witness to a second incident, who may have been using her mobile phone while walking in the area of Sticklepath Terrace, Barnstaple at around 12.30am on Thursday, December 1.
You may also want to watch:
She appeared to be in a distressed state while talking on her mobile telephone and the conversation indicated that she may have been followed and assaulted by a man.
The woman is described only as being in her 20s with no discernable accent.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
If you are that woman, or have any idea who she is, telephone police on 101 quoting police reference 257 011211.