Stepping out on catwalk for charity
A charity catwalk fashion show at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple raised more than �600 to help the local British Red Cross branch provide services across North Devon. Local volunteers gave up their time to take to the catwalk for the show and after
A charity catwalk fashion show at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple raised more than �600 to help the local British Red Cross branch provide services across North Devon.
Local volunteers gave up their time to take to the catwalk for the show and afterwards there was a chance to purchase some of the labels on display.
Claire Green, a First aider for the Barnstaple branch of the British Red Cross, was one of the models: "It was quite daunting to be parading along the catwalk in front of so many people - but the atmosphere was great and the clothes were really nice. I couldn't resist buying a few items myself!" she said.
Group Organiser Paul Willerton added: "We would like to thank all those that supported us on the evening and all the local firms that donated raffle prizes.
You may also want to watch:
"We are especially grateful to St John's, who donated their restaurant and facilities for the evening. It was the perfect venue."
The money raised will go towards the vital services that the British Red Cross carries out in Devon, including helping communities to develop a "resilience plan" in the event of a crisis, covering everything from first aid to a power loss.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Free first aid courses are currently being offered around North Devon. All abilities are welcome - for more details or to book a place, call (01271) 327918.