Stepping out on catwalk for charity
A charity catwalk fashion show at St John s Garden Centre in Barnstaple raised more than �600 to help the local British Red Cross branch provide services across North Devon. Local volunteers gave up their time to take to the catwalk for the show and after
A charity catwalk fashion show at St John's Garden Centre in Barnstaple raised more than �600 to help the local British Red Cross branch provide services across North Devon.
Local volunteers gave up their time to take to the catwalk for the show and afterwards there was a chance to purchase some of the labels on display.
Claire Green, a First aider for the Barnstaple branch of the British Red Cross, was one of the models: "It was quite daunting to be parading along the catwalk in front of so many people - but the atmosphere was great and the clothes were really nice. I couldn't resist buying a few items myself!" she said.
Group Organiser Paul Willerton added: "We would like to thank all those that supported us on the evening and all the local firms that donated raffle prizes.
You may also want to watch:
"We are especially grateful to St John's, who donated their restaurant and facilities for the evening. It was the perfect venue."
The money raised will go towards the vital services that the British Red Cross carries out in Devon, including helping communities to develop a "resilience plan" in the event of a crisis, covering everything from first aid to a power loss.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Free first aid courses are currently being offered around North Devon. All abilities are welcome - for more details or to book a place, call (01271) 327918.