Step up for Star Trek 2016 on Exmoor
- Credit: Archant
Have you got what it takes to enter the night time orienteering challenge on Saturday, March 5?
With the popular Star Trek just around the corner on Saturday, March 5, a team from North Devon Hospice are the latest to throw their woolly hats into the ring.
The night time orienteering walk on Exmoor is now in its 24th year and will be raising money for North Devon Hospice, plus Children’s Hospice South West and Devon Freewheelers blood bikes service.
It is organised by the Rotary clubs of Ilfracombe and has raised £750,000 for the hospices plus local good causes.
Many more helpers from the hospice will also be pitching in for the night-time trek across Exmoor, helping to feed the army of walkers who will be taking part.
You may also want to watch:
There is still time for teams to enter for the 16-mile full trek or the eight-mile Half Trek.
Full support is provided with marshals, on site first aid and search and rescue teams ready to set out at moment’s notice.
To sign up go to www.rotary-startrek.org.uk
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon