Steam spectacular at Chapelton Barton
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week. The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge num
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week.
The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge number of steam and traction engines on display across the two days. It is organised by the Devon Traction Engine, Veteran and Vintage Car Club.
Along with the mighty engines, including two steam ploughs which will be in action on the Sunday, there will be a steam car plus vintage tractors, cars, motorcycles, military and commercial vehicles, with a variety of displays and parades.
There will also be shire horses, a model and craft tent, stationary working engines, displays of vintage horticultural machinery plus trader and jumble stands.
Demonstrations include thatching by local master thatcher Ian Rose plus death defying low flying from the Red Sparrows Display Team on the Sunday.
The Saturday night will see music by The Texans, with free entry from the rally or �3 on the door in the evening.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 6 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 9 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 10 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
Fairground organs and rides, plus food and a beer tent will be running over both days.
Chapelton can be found on the A377 just south of Barnstaple and gates open at 9.30am. The rally also exhibits at Barnstaple Carnival, which takes place on the same weekend. Visit www.dtec.freeuk.com/index.htm for more information.