Steam spectacular at Chapelton Barton
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week. The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge num
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week.
The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge number of steam and traction engines on display across the two days. It is organised by the Devon Traction Engine, Veteran and Vintage Car Club.
Along with the mighty engines, including two steam ploughs which will be in action on the Sunday, there will be a steam car plus vintage tractors, cars, motorcycles, military and commercial vehicles, with a variety of displays and parades.
There will also be shire horses, a model and craft tent, stationary working engines, displays of vintage horticultural machinery plus trader and jumble stands.
You may also want to watch:
Demonstrations include thatching by local master thatcher Ian Rose plus death defying low flying from the Red Sparrows Display Team on the Sunday.
The Saturday night will see music by The Texans, with free entry from the rally or �3 on the door in the evening.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Fairground organs and rides, plus food and a beer tent will be running over both days.
Chapelton can be found on the A377 just south of Barnstaple and gates open at 9.30am. The rally also exhibits at Barnstaple Carnival, which takes place on the same weekend. Visit www.dtec.freeuk.com/index.htm for more information.