Stay safe on holiday
POLICE are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall. The force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across the region for the summer season. The packs co
POLICE are urging tourists to undertake simple safety measures while on holiday in Devon and Cornwall.
The force has distributed thousands of holiday safety packs to accommodation and leisure providers across the region for the summer season.
The packs contain leaflets and posters with simple crime prevention advice for holidaymakers to ensure they enjoy their time here.
Bob Bunney, Force Crime Reduction Advisor, said: "We want everyone who visits the South West to enjoy their time here and look forward to coming back again.
You may also want to watch:
"It only takes a few minutes to read the leaflet or poster and follow the safety advice offered. By taking these few simple steps visitors can have peace of mind and keep themselves and their property safe."
"Our region is one of the safest places to live and visit, but in the unlikely event that holidaymakers become a victim of crime, or witness a crime, we would urge them to contact the police on 08452 777444 or in the event of an emergency use 999."
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
Top three safety tips while on your holiday:
Don't leave valuables in your car.
Keep your mobile phone in a safe place.
Don't leave bags unattended.
Other safety tips:
Stick to well-lit paths and avoid walking alone at night.
Secure your vehicle/caravan/room/tent and do not leave any valuables on display.
Use personal safes provided by your accommodation where possible.
Never drink and drive.
Be aware of speed limits and restrictions.
For more information on holiday advice, visit www.devon-cornwall.police.uk.