Pictures: Rotary StarTrek 2018 gets under way
- Credit: Archant
The 26th annual StarTrek Challenge night-time walk on Exmoor is well underway.
From 7pm, teams of walkers set off for the start of a 16 or eight mile trek centred on basecamp near Brayford.
The charity event for North Devon Hospice and Children’s Hospice South West is organised by both Ilfracombe Rotary clubs.
It takes walkers across a variety of terrain, testing their map reading and orienteering skills.
They will be well supported by a huge network of around 100 volunteers, with radio coverage, search and rescue teams on hand and plenty of manned checkpoints on the moor to help out as needed.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the night volunteers and marshals will keep the trekkers well supplied with directions, assistance as needed and plenty of tea, coffee and sandwiches.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council