Weather postpones StarTrek night-time charity walk
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have reluctantly postponed this weekend’s StarTrek Challenge because of the adverse weather.
The annual charity Night-time walk on Exmoor for both hospices is organised by the Ilfracombe Rotary clubs.
Paul Williams of Rotary StarTrek posted on Facebook this afternoon (Thursday): “We have had difficulties with our suppliers providing equipment for StarTrek due to the weather and there is now also a red alert in place for bad weather affecting Somerset, Devon and Exmoor.
“To ensure the safety of all participants we have reluctantly taken the decision to postpone StarTrek for one week.
“We will now hold the event on Saturday, March 10. We realise you will be disappointed at this but we must take all necessary precautions for our walkers and volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope you understand our reasons for this decision and would ask if you can support us by joining us on the new date to raise the sponsorship for our hospices and other charities.”
StarTrek has only been cancelled one other time in its history, during the foot and mouth crisis of 2001.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal