Star will sing for big appeal
FORMER Eurovision Song Contest winner Dana will sing in aid of the �2.2 million North Devon Chemotherapy appeal this autumn.
She will be the star of this year’s West Buckland Festival, which aims to raise a substantial sum for the chemotherapy appeal and St Peter’s Church, West Buckland.
Dana will be sponsored by the family business run by Herbert and Rob Malek and Paul Gyurgyak at Roundswell BP/SPAR Services.
Paul Ellis, chairman of the West Buckland Festival announced the full Programme for the September Festival at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday.
“It is,” he told the Gazette, “a great pleasure and very exciting that Dana, one of the youngest Eurovision Song Contest winners, will be the star attraction in this year’s Festival.”
You may also want to watch:
Dana told the Gazette: “I am delighted to be returning to the beautiful Devon countryside for this special concert in support of two such worthwhile charities. These are especially dear to me as I am a regular church member and I have close friends who have recently benefited from cancer support. I am looking forward to bringing some good music and laughter to this special evening.
Dana is expected to sing many of her most famous songs, including All Kinds of Everything, Please Tell Him that I said Hello and Morning Has Broken.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
She will perform on Sunday, September 11 in St Peter’s Church in West Buckland and her concert will be the last event of a packed weekend of entertainment and workshops in this years Festival.
Other attractions will include an evening of popular classical music with five top artists and Harry The Piano (the Festival’s Director of Music) will host an evening of West Buckland Cabaret on the Saturday evening.
Herbert Malek, the lead sponsor of the Dana Concert said: “As a local business, we are pleased to help the West Buckland Festival bring top entertainers like Dana to North Devon.”