Stamps on sale for Scouts’ Christmas post
The special delivery service will be running from November 23, with stamps on sale now.
SCOUTS in the Torridge area are preparing for the Christmas postal service this year as stamps for the special service go on sale.
The Scouts have been able to deliver Christmas cards and greetings between selected dates and raise money through the sale of stamps since the Government relaxed the rules in 1981.
This year the 2nd Bideford Scout Group, 1st Edgehill and Torridge Scouts and the Torridge Explorer Scout group are hoping to deliver in excess of 6,000 cards in the area.
Stamps will go on sale this week and the post boxes will be and will be black boxes with ‘Scouts Christmas post’ marked on the front, hosted by local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Blight, of the Torridge Scouts, said: “The groups are very grateful for all the support and help shown by Stevens and Willey Accountants in Barnstaple who have sponsored the printing of the self-adhesive stamps.
“Also the support again of Torridge District Council who has generously allowed us to use their election boxes again this year as our post boxes and to all the local businesses that will be hosting the boxes and selling the special stamps.”
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
Last year the Torridge Scouts teams delivered in excess of 4500 cards in the Bideford, Northam, Appledore and East the water areas.
The delivery area will comprise of Bideford town, Appledore, East-the-Water, Northam and Westward Ho! and the boxes will be available from November 23 with the last post on Wednesday, December 12.
Stamps for 25p and the post boxes will be available at:
Bideford and East-the-Water: Watsons Newsagents; Moreton Park Londis Stores; Coldstream Stores; Krazy Price Cards; Spar at Blights Motors; Best One Discount Store, East-the-Water.
Northam: E R Jones, the Square
Westward Ho!: Westward Ho! News; F Heard Butchers; North Devon Golf Club.
Appledore: Appledore News.