Stamps on sale for Scouts’ Christmas post
The special delivery service will be running from November 23, with stamps on sale now.
SCOUTS in the Torridge area are preparing for the Christmas postal service this year as stamps for the special service go on sale.
The Scouts have been able to deliver Christmas cards and greetings between selected dates and raise money through the sale of stamps since the Government relaxed the rules in 1981.
This year the 2nd Bideford Scout Group, 1st Edgehill and Torridge Scouts and the Torridge Explorer Scout group are hoping to deliver in excess of 6,000 cards in the area.
Stamps will go on sale this week and the post boxes will be and will be black boxes with ‘Scouts Christmas post’ marked on the front, hosted by local businesses.
Tim Blight, of the Torridge Scouts, said: “The groups are very grateful for all the support and help shown by Stevens and Willey Accountants in Barnstaple who have sponsored the printing of the self-adhesive stamps.
“Also the support again of Torridge District Council who has generously allowed us to use their election boxes again this year as our post boxes and to all the local businesses that will be hosting the boxes and selling the special stamps.”
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 6 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 7 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 8 How your legacy can make a difference to our future
- 9 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
- 10 Prize photography competition open for entries
Last year the Torridge Scouts teams delivered in excess of 4500 cards in the Bideford, Northam, Appledore and East the water areas.
The delivery area will comprise of Bideford town, Appledore, East-the-Water, Northam and Westward Ho! and the boxes will be available from November 23 with the last post on Wednesday, December 12.
Stamps for 25p and the post boxes will be available at:
Bideford and East-the-Water: Watsons Newsagents; Moreton Park Londis Stores; Coldstream Stores; Krazy Price Cards; Spar at Blights Motors; Best One Discount Store, East-the-Water.
Northam: E R Jones, the Square
Westward Ho!: Westward Ho! News; F Heard Butchers; North Devon Golf Club.
Appledore: Appledore News.