Stamp of charity success for Braunton students
Braunton Academy pupils continue success of school’s annual used stamp appeal.
STUDENTS at Braunton Academy have licked the art of charity appeals after collecting countless used postage stamps.
As in previous years, students, family and the community have donated used stamps to the school, which are trimmed by the youngsters before being packaged up and sold on to collectors.
The money raised is donated to Leukaemia Research.
It is a worthwhile appeal that has been held at the school for several years and always sees a huge response from students and the community.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured here with the stamps are Year 9 students Ellie Gray and Callum Hudson plus Barbara Terrell, who co-ordinates the collection of the stamps for Leukaemia Research.
Any other schools or groups interested in contributing by collecting stamps are invited to call Barbara on 01271 858239.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course