Stamp of charity success for Braunton students
Braunton Academy pupils continue success of school’s annual used stamp appeal.
STUDENTS at Braunton Academy have licked the art of charity appeals after collecting countless used postage stamps.
As in previous years, students, family and the community have donated used stamps to the school, which are trimmed by the youngsters before being packaged up and sold on to collectors.
The money raised is donated to Leukaemia Research.
It is a worthwhile appeal that has been held at the school for several years and always sees a huge response from students and the community.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured here with the stamps are Year 9 students Ellie Gray and Callum Hudson plus Barbara Terrell, who co-ordinates the collection of the stamps for Leukaemia Research.
Any other schools or groups interested in contributing by collecting stamps are invited to call Barbara on 01271 858239.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park