Stagecoach to unveil £4million North Devon bus investment
- Credit: Archant
22 new vehicles represent company’s biggest investment in local bus network to date.
A £4 million fleet of North Devon Wave buses will be officially launched by stagecoach at Barnstaple Square on Wednesday.
The 22 new vehicles are all built to the latest environmental standards and represent the single biggest investment in Stagecoach’s North Devon bus network to date.
The high specification Scania Enviro 400 buses will operate between Ilfracombe, Braunton, Barnstaple, Instow, East the Water, Bideford and Westward Ho! and Appledore.
Michelle Hargreaves, managing director of Stagecoach South West, said “Over the last few years we’ve worked very hard in North Devon to build a stable and sustainable bus network. This substantial investment in new vehicles demonstrates we will be continuing to build on this success in the years to come.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to see our updated North Devon Wave livery in place and I think our customers will love the new look.”
Currently, each of the buses carry the name of a staff member’s daughter and these names will be applied to the new vehicles. There will also be an opportunity for members of the public to nominate names for the remaining vehicles.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
The official launch of the buses takes place at 11am. It will feature children’s entertainment plus a special acoustic performance by Devon resident and singer songwriter Adam Isaac, quarter finalist from the 2012 series of The Voice.