Stagecoach to unveil £4million North Devon bus investment
- Credit: Archant
22 new vehicles represent company’s biggest investment in local bus network to date.
A £4 million fleet of North Devon Wave buses will be officially launched by stagecoach at Barnstaple Square on Wednesday.
The 22 new vehicles are all built to the latest environmental standards and represent the single biggest investment in Stagecoach’s North Devon bus network to date.
The high specification Scania Enviro 400 buses will operate between Ilfracombe, Braunton, Barnstaple, Instow, East the Water, Bideford and Westward Ho! and Appledore.
Michelle Hargreaves, managing director of Stagecoach South West, said “Over the last few years we’ve worked very hard in North Devon to build a stable and sustainable bus network. This substantial investment in new vehicles demonstrates we will be continuing to build on this success in the years to come.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to see our updated North Devon Wave livery in place and I think our customers will love the new look.”
Currently, each of the buses carry the name of a staff member’s daughter and these names will be applied to the new vehicles. There will also be an opportunity for members of the public to nominate names for the remaining vehicles.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
The official launch of the buses takes place at 11am. It will feature children’s entertainment plus a special acoustic performance by Devon resident and singer songwriter Adam Isaac, quarter finalist from the 2012 series of The Voice.