Stagecoach service changes bring better connection to hospital
- Credit: Archant
The company has announced changes to North Devon’s flagship route
Stagecoach has announced changes to its North Devon bus service, with some major improvements for access to North Devon District Hospital (NDDH).
The region’s 21/21A route will be overhauled as part of the changes, in a move that the company says will make the service ‘easier and simpler to use’.
From March 29, the 21A route serving Appledore and East-the-Water will only run on evenings and Sundays.
A new service, the 19, will cover the area in the remaining times, running through Appledore, Bideford and East-the-Water before going to Barnstaple and NDDH via the A39.
You may also want to watch:
The ‘express link’ will run every 30-60 minutes and will incorporate the Barnstaple park and ride service, which the company says is ‘underutilised’.
In addition to the new link, the 21 service will now run up to every 10 minutes between Bideford and Barnstaple via Fremington.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Robert Williams, commercial director for Stagecoach South West said: “These changes will greatly improve the reliability and frequency for the many customers who use our Bideford to Barnstaple service.
“At the same time, we are maintaining a frequent connection to the hospital as well as provide a dedicated link between Appledore, Bideford, East-the-Water and Barnstaple.”
In other changes to the service, journeys to Georgeham and Croyde will continue with the same timetable, but will be renamed the 21C.
Instow Quay will now be served by the 5B, rather than the 21.