St Michael’s celebrates second nursery opening
- Credit: Archant
New nursery at Sticklepath is now open for business.
ST Michael’s Nursery celebrated the opening of its second pre-school and nursery centre at Sticklepath in Barnstaple on Monday.
The original nursery will remain at Tawstock Court, while the new building at Sand Park, opposite the former Wrey Arms, will provide a more central location.
It will be known as St Michael’s Nursery Barnstaple and under the management of Sarah Sexon, will be run by Barbara Dyer who has been a key member of the St Michael’s team for more than 15 years. The new facility is already operating on the ground floor for two to four year-olds and reservations are building ready for October when the first floor will open to cater for babies from three months.
The official opening on Monday was carried out by North Devon children’s author Victoria Eveleigh and attended by guests including deputy mayor of Barnstaple Councillor Val Elkins.
You may also want to watch:
“Since the closure of St Michaels School in December 2011 and the rescue of the Nursery in January 2012 this opening of a second nursery in less than 18 months illustrates the enthusiasm and determination of everyone involved to forge our position as the nursery of choice for North Devon,” said director Gordon Gurr.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed