St Michael’s celebrates second nursery opening
- Credit: Archant
New nursery at Sticklepath is now open for business.
ST Michael’s Nursery celebrated the opening of its second pre-school and nursery centre at Sticklepath in Barnstaple on Monday.
The original nursery will remain at Tawstock Court, while the new building at Sand Park, opposite the former Wrey Arms, will provide a more central location.
It will be known as St Michael’s Nursery Barnstaple and under the management of Sarah Sexon, will be run by Barbara Dyer who has been a key member of the St Michael’s team for more than 15 years. The new facility is already operating on the ground floor for two to four year-olds and reservations are building ready for October when the first floor will open to cater for babies from three months.
The official opening on Monday was carried out by North Devon children’s author Victoria Eveleigh and attended by guests including deputy mayor of Barnstaple Councillor Val Elkins.
“Since the closure of St Michaels School in December 2011 and the rescue of the Nursery in January 2012 this opening of a second nursery in less than 18 months illustrates the enthusiasm and determination of everyone involved to forge our position as the nursery of choice for North Devon,” said director Gordon Gurr.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford