Square closed after lorry brings down power cable
The road in Bishop’s Tawton has been shut off by police as power cable lies across the road.
THE SQUARE in Bishop’s Tawton has been closed after a lorry trailer ripped a power cable down this afternoon (Tues).
Police have closed East Street and The Square in both directions following the incident around 1pm.
The cable was left lying in the middle of the road and has disrupted the power to at least one house.
A police spokesman said North Devon District Council was currently trying to get an electrician to the scene to sort the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to seek an alternative route.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment