‘Spring Fling’ brings ‘em in
Barnstaple traders join forces to promote town centre shopping mall.
AN event designed to encourage High Street shoppers to visit a Barnstaple shopping mall has been hailed a success by organisers.
Gammon Walk businesses joined forces to showcase their services with a day of activities and promotions.
Organiser Phil Middleton, owner of Bazaar, said: “The ‘Spring Fling’ created a lot of interest in the Walk and worked really well.
“Traders created a good atmosphere and I think everyone had a lot of fun and was really pleased with how it went.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea was to encourage shoppers to visit the shops all the way along the mall and I think we managed this.
“We are planning to hold a red, white and blue-themed event on the Saturday before the jubilee weekend,” he added.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford