Spotlight on Ilfracombe grot spots
- Credit: Archant
Town Team seeks out littered or messy areas to tackle.
A fine-toothed search has been carried out to identify Ilfracombe’s grot spot hot spots.
The One Ilfracombe Town Team, which brings together various agencies to tackle the High Street, seafront and harbour areas, has conducted detailed surveys to help identify key areas for litter, dog mess and general grot spots.
Front line staff and volunteers along with a youth group from the Real McCaf have also been helping with the survey.
A meeting will be held today (Wednesday) for the agencies involved to look at ways of tackling the problem areas.
You may also want to watch:
“No longer should it be the sole responsibility of those collecting the rubbish and litter to make sure the town centre is clean and tidy, it is now the responsibility of all the agencies of the Town Team to work together to resolve these issues,” said Steve Seatherton, Town Team manager.
“We are looking for the public to aid in telling us where the grot spots are. Ways to do so include via The Ilfracombe Centre or on Ilfracombe Town Council’s Facebook page.”
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel