'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- Credit: Bideford Bridge Rotary Club
Excitement is building in Bideford for the start of the Bideford Bridge Rotary Club’s ‘Spot The Oddity’ prize winning competition which opens at 10am on Saturday, July 31.
On that date 51 shops throughout Bideford will be placing an unexpected sports item in their windows.
Members of the public are then invited to purchase an entry form for £3 from the Bideford Bridge Rotary Club gazebo outside the Baptist Church in Mill Street.
Entrants will then have a week, until Saturday, August 7, to identify the item that looks ‘odd’ in each participating shop window.
There will be three cash prizes of up to £100 for the winners and proceeds will go to North Devon Foodbank, Bideford.
You may also want to watch:
Completed entry forms are to be returned to the sales gazebo on Mill Street between 10am and 4pm until Saturday, August 7. Only numbered original entry forms are accepted and numbers are limited, so get there early to avoid disappointment.
The event has been promoted by the Rotary Club but is also supported by Torridge District Council and Bideford Town Council to redress lost trade during the Covid pandemic.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses