Spooky fun in the woods
GET into the spirit this weekend for a Hallowe en extravaganza at Barnstaple s Yeo Valley Community woodland. North Devon Council and the Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland group are hosting a day family fun on Saturday.. Activities include: pump
GET into the spirit this weekend for a Hallowe'en extravaganza at Barnstaple's Yeo Valley Community woodland.
North Devon Council and the Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland group are hosting a day family fun on Saturday..
* pumpkin carving in the marquee near the Silverwood Heights entrance between 2pm and 4pm;
You may also want to watch:
* a sponsored evening walk following a spooky trail, beginning near the Silverwood Heights entrance at 6pm;
* a barbecue and a fancy dress competition in the marquee following the walk, together with competitions and fun activities.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Cllr Eric Ley, Lead Member for parks said: "Last year's Hallowe'en event was a great success and this year is likely to be just as good. With fancy dress, pumpkin carving and a nature walk rounded off with a warming barbecue, this is a great community event for all the family to enjoy."
People taking part in the night walk are urged to wear sensible footwear and a coat and to bring a torch. Children taking part in the events must be accompanied by an adult. No parking is available at the site.
Sponsorship forms for the evening walk are available from Frankmarsh Stores which is supporting the event.
All proceeds will go to the Friends of Yeo Valley Community Woodland to help fund further site improvements.
For more information, contact the North Devon Council Parks team on (01271) 388326 or email email@example.com.