Spinners at the BIG Sheep
THERE is a good yarn at the Big Sheep next week as top UK spinners will be descending on the family attraction in Bideford for their annual Spinning, Weaving and Needle Festival. The event runs from Monday (August 17) until Wednesday at the Abbotsham attr
THERE is a good yarn at the Big Sheep next week as top UK spinners will be descending on the family attraction in Bideford for their annual Spinning, Weaving and Needle Festival.
The event runs from Monday (August 17) until Wednesday at the Abbotsham attraction, from 10am-4pm. Visitors will see first hand the work of some of the country's finest spinners when six ladies from the Ewe Too Spinning and Weaving Club demonstrate their craft.
Liz Gittoes-Davies, who after retiring in 1995, learnt to spin and was so inspired she became a resident member of the club, said they were looking forward to their visit to the Big Sheep.
"This is our sixth visit and our members love visiting and sharing their skills with the children and parents," said Liz.
You may also want to watch:
"Many of the young children are intrigued when they learn that the wool we are spinning comes from the sheep they see around them and they all love having a go."
Joining her will be Ann Saunders, a qualified spinning and felt making teacher plus primary school teacher Wendy Hedge, who specialises in felt making and needle felting, as well as Gill Green, a retired theatre sister who has been spinning for more than 20 years.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses