Warning to cyclists after spike in bike thefts in Barnstaple
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Cyclists are being warned to lock up their bikes in Barnstaple after a surge in thefts throughout the town centre.
Bicycles have been reported missing from across the town centre, most prominently at Tuly Street, Boutport Street, Clock Tower and Litchdon Street and Barnstaple bus station.
The bicycles that have been taken from these locations have been left for extended periods of time.
Not all the bicycles reported were secured.
PC Sarah Wrey said: “We would like to take this opportunity to ask people to check their bicycles are left securely.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of the bicycles that have been reported stolen had been left in the same place for an extended period of time, including overnight.
“At this time we strongly suggest that people do not leave their bicycles in the town centre overnight, even if they have been secured.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Investigations, which includes viewing CCTV footage, are ongoing with Barnstaple local police team.
If you have any information contact Police email@example.com or Crime Stoppers 0800 555 111 quoting crime number CR/109958/18