Spice up the shopping at Bideford market curry cook-off
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend. Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants ag
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs' Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend.
Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants against The Three Stooges: Bideford Mayor Andy 'Pinkerton' Powell (if back from America), Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism Roger 'Jumpin' Johnson and Devon Food Company's Clive 'Curry-man' Humphries.
Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant and Asaddar Miah from the Prince of India in Bideford will be cooking mouth-watering dishes after the amateur chefs have done their worst!
Organised by Torridge food and safety manager Daryl Littlejohns, previous Chefs' Corner events have attracted hundreds at various venues.
You may also want to watch:
The project aims to promote healthy eating and pass on cooking skills.
The programme: 10:15 Three Blind Spice and meet The Stooges; 10:45 The Three Stooges; 12:00 Asaddar Miah, Prince of India; 13:00 Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
For further information look at the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call Torridge's food safety team on (01237) 428846.