Spice up the shopping at Bideford market curry cook-off
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend. Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants ag
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs' Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend.
Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants against The Three Stooges: Bideford Mayor Andy 'Pinkerton' Powell (if back from America), Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism Roger 'Jumpin' Johnson and Devon Food Company's Clive 'Curry-man' Humphries.
Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant and Asaddar Miah from the Prince of India in Bideford will be cooking mouth-watering dishes after the amateur chefs have done their worst!
Organised by Torridge food and safety manager Daryl Littlejohns, previous Chefs' Corner events have attracted hundreds at various venues.
You may also want to watch:
The project aims to promote healthy eating and pass on cooking skills.
The programme: 10:15 Three Blind Spice and meet The Stooges; 10:45 The Three Stooges; 12:00 Asaddar Miah, Prince of India; 13:00 Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
For further information look at the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call Torridge's food safety team on (01237) 428846.