Spice up the shopping at Bideford market curry cook-off
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend. Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants ag
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs' Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend.
Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants against The Three Stooges: Bideford Mayor Andy 'Pinkerton' Powell (if back from America), Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism Roger 'Jumpin' Johnson and Devon Food Company's Clive 'Curry-man' Humphries.
Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant and Asaddar Miah from the Prince of India in Bideford will be cooking mouth-watering dishes after the amateur chefs have done their worst!
Organised by Torridge food and safety manager Daryl Littlejohns, previous Chefs' Corner events have attracted hundreds at various venues.
You may also want to watch:
The project aims to promote healthy eating and pass on cooking skills.
The programme: 10:15 Three Blind Spice and meet The Stooges; 10:45 The Three Stooges; 12:00 Asaddar Miah, Prince of India; 13:00 Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
For further information look at the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call Torridge's food safety team on (01237) 428846.