Spice up the shopping at Bideford market curry cook-off
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend. Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants ag
TORRIDGE District Council and local chefs are inviting people to spice up their Saturday with a Chefs' Corner Curry Cook Off in Bideford Pannier Market this weekend.
Market shoppers on Saturday will be entertained by chefs from local Indian restaurants against The Three Stooges: Bideford Mayor Andy 'Pinkerton' Powell (if back from America), Torridge District Council's lead member for tourism Roger 'Jumpin' Johnson and Devon Food Company's Clive 'Curry-man' Humphries.
Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant and Asaddar Miah from the Prince of India in Bideford will be cooking mouth-watering dishes after the amateur chefs have done their worst!
Organised by Torridge food and safety manager Daryl Littlejohns, previous Chefs' Corner events have attracted hundreds at various venues.
The project aims to promote healthy eating and pass on cooking skills.
The programme: 10:15 Three Blind Spice and meet The Stooges; 10:45 The Three Stooges; 12:00 Asaddar Miah, Prince of India; 13:00 Nazrul Miah from the Sagor Tandori Restaurant.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
For further information look at the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call Torridge's food safety team on (01237) 428846.