See The Specials star Neville Staple live
- Credit: The Neville Staples Band
One of the stars of the Specials and Fun Boy Free – and the original rude boy – is coming to Barnstaple.
Neville Staple is a hugely influential figure in British music and he will be bringing his band to The Factory, at Petroc Brannams Campus, on November 1.
With The Specials he led the ska movement amidst the punk of the late 1970s.
"I remember the massive reactions to the hit songs like Ghost Town, Too Much Too Young and Gangsters and fans still write to me about my rugged, energetic and fun stage presence," said Staple.
"The way we bring ska to the mainstream is by mixing Jamaican music with the English punky style. I love performing live and always include my Specials hits, along with other career favourites. Every show is like a massive party where the brilliant fans love to stomp or sing-along."
You may also want to watch:
The Coventry-based musician received an honorary degree from Arden University, Coventry, for his efforts to defuse racial tension through innovation and music.
Most recently, he has dedicated his time to promoting anti-knife crime, working with various groups and youth projects following the fatal stabbing of his 21-year-old grandson in 2018.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Visit thefactoryvenue.co.uk/2019/05/27/nevile-staple-band/ for tickets and show details.