Special parking permits for tourists
- Credit: Archant
Permits will allow visitors to park all over Torridge and boost business in holiday hotspots.
Tourists visiting the area for half term will be able to take advantage of a special parking permit in Torridge.
Torridge District Council is offering the tourist permits for £20 a week, covering parking throughout the district.
Councillor Kathy Murdoch, who also owns Westward Ho! accommodation Westward Living, said: “The knock on effect to local business can only be a positive move and will hopefully encourage spending in the area.
“Westward Living will be adding the details about tourist permits to our websites and in welcome packs for guests.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s information visitors can really use and will allow them to explore the whole area without having to think about parking tickets.”
Council leader Philip Collins said the scheme was popular over the summer but was also available during the winter.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
He said: “People can use the permit to explore all of our local towns and villages, and enjoy what they have to offer.”
The permits are available from council officers, tourist information centres and on the council’s website at www.torridge.gov.uk/touristpermit.