Special constables honoured for long service
The two special constables from Torrington and Ilfracombe received medals at the awards ceremony.
TWO local police officers have received awards for their loyalty after spending more than 19 years serving as special constables.
Special Inspector Linda Bealey from Torrington, and Special Inspector Jacqueline Windett, from Ilfracombe, both received the Long Service and Good Conduct bar and rosette.
Linda Bealey was sworn into the special constabulary in 1991 and has served on the Torrington sector for many years before being promoted to sergeant in 1999.
In 2003 she was promoted again to inspector, and transferred to Bideford where she was responsible for all specials across Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “Linda is a dedicated, committed and highly motivated officer who strives with her team to provide the maximum assistance to her regular colleagues at all times.
Jacqueline Windett joined the special constabulary in 1992 and was posted to Ilfracombe, where she has lived for more than 40 years.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
In June 2005 she was appointed as section officer for Ilfracombe, followed by a further promotion in 2003 to assistant divisional officer with responsibility for the Ilfracombe, Braunton and Lynton special constabulary teams.
The spokesman said of Jacqueline: “She is a highly motivated and conscientious officer who has carried out thousands of hours of duty during her service.”
Both officers received their medals at an awards ceremony in Saltash where they were honoured by Chief Constable Shaun Sawyer.
There ceremony was also attended by Colonel Edward Bolitho OBE, the Lord Lieutenant of Cornwall.