South Molton woman's hospital birthday gift
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style – by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust. Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style - by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she encouraged them to mark the occasion with a donation to her chosen charity.
Sally said: "I'd already decided that I wanted to raise money for charity rather than receive presents for my birthday.
"When a colleague here at the school was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I decided to raise funds for the Breast Care Unit at North Devon District Hospital, where she is having treatment."
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 people came to Sally's birthday party in April this year, raising �390 for the Unit.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust said: "We are so grateful to Sally and all those who donated money at her birthday party. Many hundreds of women use our Breast Care Clinic each year and Sally's generous gift will go towards the continual improvement of our services to these women.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land