South Molton woman's hospital birthday gift
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style – by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust. Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style - by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she encouraged them to mark the occasion with a donation to her chosen charity.
Sally said: "I'd already decided that I wanted to raise money for charity rather than receive presents for my birthday.
"When a colleague here at the school was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I decided to raise funds for the Breast Care Unit at North Devon District Hospital, where she is having treatment."
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 people came to Sally's birthday party in April this year, raising �390 for the Unit.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust said: "We are so grateful to Sally and all those who donated money at her birthday party. Many hundreds of women use our Breast Care Clinic each year and Sally's generous gift will go towards the continual improvement of our services to these women.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well