South Molton woman's hospital birthday gift
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style – by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust. Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she
A SOUTH Molton woman has celebrated her 50th birthday in unusual style - by making a gift of �390 to Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
Sally Mott, who works at South Molton Junior School, asked friends not to buy presents for her special day. Instead, she encouraged them to mark the occasion with a donation to her chosen charity.
Sally said: "I'd already decided that I wanted to raise money for charity rather than receive presents for my birthday.
"When a colleague here at the school was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I decided to raise funds for the Breast Care Unit at North Devon District Hospital, where she is having treatment."
You may also want to watch:
Around 120 people came to Sally's birthday party in April this year, raising �390 for the Unit.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust said: "We are so grateful to Sally and all those who donated money at her birthday party. Many hundreds of women use our Breast Care Clinic each year and Sally's generous gift will go towards the continual improvement of our services to these women.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer