South Molton supermarket decision 'imminent'
NORTH Devon Councillors are set to make a "major" decision about the future of South Molton's Central Car Park area at a meeting next week.On Tuesday, the council's Executive committee will be asked to decide which supermarket - Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury's
NORTH Devon Councillors are set to make a "major" decision about the future of South Molton's Central Car Park area at a meeting next week.
On Tuesday, the council's Executive committee will be asked to decide which supermarket - Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury's - will be invited to re-develop the key site in the town.
Although Sainsbury's last month announced it intends to re-vamp the town's existing Somerfield store, representatives of the firm have recently met with South Molton town councillors to express their interest in building a bigger store on the cattle market site.
North Devon Council executive director Steve Pitcher told the Gazette that members would have a series of choices to make at the meeting but was confident that there was now sufficient information "on the table" to enable councillors to make a decision on which store should come to the town.
You may also want to watch:
"Three major players have expresses an interest in coming to South Molton and this can only be good news for the town," he said.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford