South Molton skate park reopens
SOUTH Molton’s skate park has re-opened following the completion of urgent repairs.
The park was forced to close last month pending the repairs and the instalment of a long-term management plan to ensure its future.
Since opening in 2006, the facility in the town’s Central Park, has been beset by funding problems and remained out of bounds to youngsters during the February half-term break.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) had previously reported that the site required remedial repairs.
The Community Company, which leases the land from the town council and are responsible for the park’s maintenance and repairs, said it had taken the reluctant decision to close the park until the necessary repairs had been made.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy Town Clerk Andrew Coates said: “The park needed bringing up to speed, with fences needing to be straightened and protrusions needing to be grounded down. But the repairs have been completed, the park is open again and we’re all very happy.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'