South Molton skate park reopens
SOUTH Molton’s skate park has re-opened following the completion of urgent repairs.
The park was forced to close last month pending the repairs and the instalment of a long-term management plan to ensure its future.
Since opening in 2006, the facility in the town’s Central Park, has been beset by funding problems and remained out of bounds to youngsters during the February half-term break.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) had previously reported that the site required remedial repairs.
The Community Company, which leases the land from the town council and are responsible for the park’s maintenance and repairs, said it had taken the reluctant decision to close the park until the necessary repairs had been made.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy Town Clerk Andrew Coates said: “The park needed bringing up to speed, with fences needing to be straightened and protrusions needing to be grounded down. But the repairs have been completed, the park is open again and we’re all very happy.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened