South Molton shoppers will meet producers
THREE days of foodie heaven await at Mole Valley Farmers in South Molton this week as part of the company s Great Taste campaign to champion local food. From tomorrow (Thursday) until Saturday the store is hosting a Meet the Producer event, with a chance
THREE days of foodie heaven await at Mole Valley Farmers in South Molton this week as part of the company's Great Taste campaign to champion local food.
From tomorrow (Thursday) until Saturday the store is hosting a Meet the Producer event, with a chance to find out more about the store's valued suppliers, where the food comes from and try a sample or three!
Between 10am-3pm customers can meet producers from across North Devon and the rest of the South West, with tasty delights ranging from cheeses and cream to chutneys and ciders.
The Great Taste campaign itself is now under way and is running at all nine Mole Valley Farmers South West branches until October 17.
You may also want to watch:
It incorporates a variety of activities to celebrate British Food Fortnight - ruining until October 3 - plus the Taste of the West Awards and the North Devon Food Festival.
Mole Valley is sponsoring the Food Festival, which will be held at Barnstaple Pannier Market on Sunday, October 17 from 10am-4pm and showcases a harvest of local produce, cookery demonstrations and live music.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
Mole Valley Framers has long been associated with local produce and pioneered the introduction of the Taste of the West Range, a selection of more than 150 food and drink products.
The aim is to produce the least possible food miles, heading straight from farm to fork!
In the past 12 months it has sold 61 tonnes of cheese, 120 of local bacon and 50 tonnes of sausages.
"Our Great Taste campaign runs throughout September and October," said Caroline Burrows, food and drink product manager.
Find out more about the events at www.molevalleyfarmers.com.