South Molton set for 25th anniversary carnival fun
Lions Club parade will raise money for the chemotherapy appeal
SOUTH Molton will be celebrating the town’s 25th anniversary carnival in style on Saturday.
Organisers South Molton Lions Club hopes that more people than ever will line the streets, dig deep and help raise lots of money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The event will start at 12noon with the crowning of carnival queen Jo Hosegood, 15. The South Molton Community College student will be attended by South Molton Infant School pupils Chloe Ogden and Finley Squire, both aged 6.
The carnival itself will assemble in Southley Road at around 4.45pm, with judging taking place at 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The procession will head off at 6pm, turning left onto New Road and then onto East Street, Broad Street, South Street, Mill Street, and back to Southley Road.
The Pannier Market will host an evening fun fair.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
Lion president Graham Lang said: “This year will be the 25th year we have staged the carnival and we hope the people and businesses of South Molton will continue their support for us and come along and enjoy the show.”
Entry forms are available from Webbers Estate Agents, South Molton Lion Henry Smith or the Lions Club website www.southmoltonlions.org.uk/