South Molton set for 25th anniversary carnival fun
Lions Club parade will raise money for the chemotherapy appeal
SOUTH Molton will be celebrating the town’s 25th anniversary carnival in style on Saturday.
Organisers South Molton Lions Club hopes that more people than ever will line the streets, dig deep and help raise lots of money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The event will start at 12noon with the crowning of carnival queen Jo Hosegood, 15. The South Molton Community College student will be attended by South Molton Infant School pupils Chloe Ogden and Finley Squire, both aged 6.
The carnival itself will assemble in Southley Road at around 4.45pm, with judging taking place at 5pm.
The procession will head off at 6pm, turning left onto New Road and then onto East Street, Broad Street, South Street, Mill Street, and back to Southley Road.
The Pannier Market will host an evening fun fair.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
Lion president Graham Lang said: “This year will be the 25th year we have staged the carnival and we hope the people and businesses of South Molton will continue their support for us and come along and enjoy the show.”
Entry forms are available from Webbers Estate Agents, South Molton Lion Henry Smith or the Lions Club website www.southmoltonlions.org.uk/