South Molton school's marathon miss!
PUPILS at South Molton C of E Junior School are getting behind their teacher s bid to run this year s London Marathon. They have been pulling on their running shoes in support of Year 4 and 5 teacher Karen Lintin, who will be one of around 40,000 particip
PUPILS at South Molton C of E Junior School are getting behind their teacher's bid to run this year's London Marathon.
They have been pulling on their running shoes in support of Year 4 and 5 teacher Karen Lintin, who will be one of around 40,000 participants in the annual sporting spectacular on April 25.
The whole school - around 150 youngsters - took part in a sponsored run round the village recreation park, completing between two and six laps to raise money for their teacher's chosen charity, WellChild, a national charity that helps sick children and their families.
Karen, from North Molton, hopes to raise �1,500 and has been training by running around the hills in her village and will take part in the Bideford Half Marathon, March 7.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be my first marathon but something I've always wanted to do," said Karen, who will run with friend Karl Ozelton, of Berrynarbor.
"All the children at school have been really supportive. Their efforts will really help me to reach my target."
- 1 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 4 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 5 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 9 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 10 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
Pupil James White, 11, said he and his classmates were proud of their teacher.
He said: "It's a long way to run but we hope that Mrs Lintin does really well," he said.
To sponsor Karen on-line go to the website: www.justgiving.com/karenlintin