South Molton school's marathon miss!
PUPILS at South Molton C of E Junior School are getting behind their teacher s bid to run this year s London Marathon. They have been pulling on their running shoes in support of Year 4 and 5 teacher Karen Lintin, who will be one of around 40,000 particip
PUPILS at South Molton C of E Junior School are getting behind their teacher's bid to run this year's London Marathon.
They have been pulling on their running shoes in support of Year 4 and 5 teacher Karen Lintin, who will be one of around 40,000 participants in the annual sporting spectacular on April 25.
The whole school - around 150 youngsters - took part in a sponsored run round the village recreation park, completing between two and six laps to raise money for their teacher's chosen charity, WellChild, a national charity that helps sick children and their families.
Karen, from North Molton, hopes to raise �1,500 and has been training by running around the hills in her village and will take part in the Bideford Half Marathon, March 7.
"It will be my first marathon but something I've always wanted to do," said Karen, who will run with friend Karl Ozelton, of Berrynarbor.
"All the children at school have been really supportive. Their efforts will really help me to reach my target."
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
Pupil James White, 11, said he and his classmates were proud of their teacher.
He said: "It's a long way to run but we hope that Mrs Lintin does really well," he said.
To sponsor Karen on-line go to the website: www.justgiving.com/karenlintin