South Molton's one-stop shop is a year old
SOUTH Molton s one-stop-shop has handled more than 3,500 inquiries since its launch a year ago next week. The Amory Centre is owned by South Molton Town Council, with both North Devon Council and Devon County Council also providing services at the site.
SOUTH Molton's one-stop-shop has handled more than 3,500 inquiries since its launch a year ago next week.
The Amory Centre is owned by South Molton Town Council, with both North Devon Council and Devon County Council also providing services at the site. It also includes a new library and computer suite, comfortable reception area, meeting and conference rooms.
North Devon Council Leader Councillor Des Brailey said: "We've had an excellent response from local people who've benefited from the services at The Amory Centre. Not only can they do things like look at planning applications and make certain council payments, but they can also access services from other providers in a convenient and easy way. We want to build on that to provide them with even more services under one roof."
North Devon Council's Customer Service Centre is now looking to extend the services it can provide at The Amory Centre. From December, it is hoped more housing advice inquiries can be dealt with at the site, in addition to the monthly housing drop-in session that is currently held.
You may also want to watch:
The Amory Centre is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Customers can also pop into North Devon Council's two other offices, at the Civic Centre in Barnstaple and at The Ilfracombe Centre. Alternatively, they can phone 01271 327711 or email email@example.com for advice and support.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple