Teenager assaulted and robbed by two men in South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for two men after a teenager was assaulted and robbed in South Molton.
The incident took place on Thursday (August 2) at 7pm near South Molton Skatepark off Mill Street and New Road.
A 17-year-old was approached by the two men and punched in the face before the pair stole his bag, money and phone.
The teenager was taken to North Devon District Hospital with a possible fractured jaw.
Police carried out a search of the scene. A police dog was able to retrieve a phone which had been discarded.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal has been launched to locate the two men, who are both believed to be around 30 years of age.
Police are looking for one white male and one black male. Both were wearing shorts and T-shirts covered in paint.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
It is believed the men may have been drinking in a nearby pub prior to the incident, or could have been working in the town during the day.
Anyone who may have any information is asked to call 101 or email email@example.com quoting CR/069195/19