South Molton Recycle goes even greener
SOUTH Molton Recycle has started to use biodiesel fuel, made from recycled vegetable oil, in its transport fleet in an effort to further reduce its carbon footprint. The community recycling business currently collects from more than 30,000 homes and 1,00
SOUTH Molton Recycle has started to use biodiesel fuel, made from recycled vegetable oil, in its transport fleet in an effort to further reduce its carbon footprint.
The community recycling business currently collects from more than 30,000 homes and 1,000 businesses and operates some 25 vehicles.
Operations Director John Billingham said: "As a company our aim is to protect the environment and reduce pollution. We are always looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and so it was a logical step for us to use a fuel made from recycled waste.
'There has been a lot of discussion around the issue of people travelling by car to recycle. In this case we collect from the doorstep, using fuel with far less emissions. It's a win-win situation. These kinds of business partnerships make a really positive impact on our local communities."
Greenearth, based in Crediton, manufacture and supply the biodiesel, made exclusively from waste vegetable oils.
Biodiesel produces around 75% less emissions than normal diesel and can replace or be mixed with normal diesel. It's also biodegradable.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 9 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
For more information about South Molton Recycle or Greenearth Biodiesel go to www.southmoltonrecycle.com or www.greenearth-biodiesel.co.uk