South Molton Recycle goes even greener
SOUTH Molton Recycle has started to use biodiesel fuel, made from recycled vegetable oil, in its transport fleet in an effort to further reduce its carbon footprint. The community recycling business currently collects from more than 30,000 homes and 1,00
SOUTH Molton Recycle has started to use biodiesel fuel, made from recycled vegetable oil, in its transport fleet in an effort to further reduce its carbon footprint.
The community recycling business currently collects from more than 30,000 homes and 1,000 businesses and operates some 25 vehicles.
Operations Director John Billingham said: "As a company our aim is to protect the environment and reduce pollution. We are always looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and so it was a logical step for us to use a fuel made from recycled waste.
'There has been a lot of discussion around the issue of people travelling by car to recycle. In this case we collect from the doorstep, using fuel with far less emissions. It's a win-win situation. These kinds of business partnerships make a really positive impact on our local communities."
You may also want to watch:
Greenearth, based in Crediton, manufacture and supply the biodiesel, made exclusively from waste vegetable oils.
Biodiesel produces around 75% less emissions than normal diesel and can replace or be mixed with normal diesel. It's also biodegradable.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
For more information about South Molton Recycle or Greenearth Biodiesel go to www.southmoltonrecycle.com or www.greenearth-biodiesel.co.uk