South Molton play plans swinging into action
PLANS are being finalised for a brand new state-of-the-art children s play area in South Molton. Councillors have looked at designs from three companies hoping to win the contract to replace out-of-date play equipment as part of the redevelopment of the t
PLANS are being finalised for a brand new state-of-the-art children's play area in South Molton.
Councillors have looked at designs from three companies hoping to win the contract to replace out-of-date play equipment as part of the redevelopment of the town's Central Park.
It is hoped the new-look park - alongside the skate park, swimming pool, Pip Centre and new youth resource centre, set to be finished in February next year - will add the final piece of the jigsaw to what is shaping up to be an exciting youth hub for South Molton.
"The three presentations have given us real food for thought and all those ideas will go into the melting pot before we produce a final proposal to take back to full council later this month, said Cllr Sue Sewell, chairman of the town council's Central Park Sub Committee, formed earlier this year to help move the plans forward.
You may also want to watch:
"The town and district councils have already pledged �30,000 towards the project and I feel to do the job properly we would need to spend between �70,000 and �80,000."
She hoped businesses in the town might offer to sponsor individual items of play equipment.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 9 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
Fellow committee member Cllr David Worden said: "The money already pledged by the two council's has come from section 106 money set aside following housing developments."
"The ideas have grown from consultations carried out by MA2K (Molton Area 2000) three years ago and myself, Sue and fellow committee members Mike Smale, Steven White and Matthew Bushell have been talking to lots of park users to see what improvements they'd like to see.