South Molton play park to open this weekend
Excitement builds as new �70,000 facility nears completion
A NEW play park is expected to open in South Molton this weekend.
Details for the opening of the �70,000 state-of-the-art play park in Central Park will be finalised at a South Molton Town Council meeting tonight (Tuesday) but the Gazette understands the facility could be ready for use on Saturday.
The park features a raft of play equipment for toddlers, younger children and teenagers, with a below ground trampoline, a rope end swinger and a six-foot bird’s nest tree, as well as landscaping and upgrades to existing paths and gateways.
It is being paid for by South Molton Town Council with a �20,000 contribution of developers’ open spaces money from North Devon Council.
You may also want to watch:
Work started in November and has been carried out by local firm PlayBrokers.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford