South Molton play park to open this weekend
Excitement builds as new �70,000 facility nears completion
A NEW play park is expected to open in South Molton this weekend.
Details for the opening of the �70,000 state-of-the-art play park in Central Park will be finalised at a South Molton Town Council meeting tonight (Tuesday) but the Gazette understands the facility could be ready for use on Saturday.
The park features a raft of play equipment for toddlers, younger children and teenagers, with a below ground trampoline, a rope end swinger and a six-foot bird’s nest tree, as well as landscaping and upgrades to existing paths and gateways.
It is being paid for by South Molton Town Council with a �20,000 contribution of developers’ open spaces money from North Devon Council.
You may also want to watch:
Work started in November and has been carried out by local firm PlayBrokers.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home