South Molton play park to open this weekend
Excitement builds as new �70,000 facility nears completion
A NEW play park is expected to open in South Molton this weekend.
Details for the opening of the �70,000 state-of-the-art play park in Central Park will be finalised at a South Molton Town Council meeting tonight (Tuesday) but the Gazette understands the facility could be ready for use on Saturday.
The park features a raft of play equipment for toddlers, younger children and teenagers, with a below ground trampoline, a rope end swinger and a six-foot bird’s nest tree, as well as landscaping and upgrades to existing paths and gateways.
It is being paid for by South Molton Town Council with a �20,000 contribution of developers’ open spaces money from North Devon Council.
You may also want to watch:
Work started in November and has been carried out by local firm PlayBrokers.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton