South Molton Pannier Market named in Britain’s top 10 favourite markets
- Credit: Archant
South Molton’s Pannier Market has been named among the top 10 best markets in the country after reaching the national finals of a prestigious competition.
South Molton was among 1,000 markets which entered the NABMA (National Association of British Markets) Great British Market Awards 2020.
At the national finals in Birmingham the town went up against major cities and towns to secure a place on the top 10 list of Britain's Favourite Market, losing out to the eventual winner of Grainger Market in Newcastle.
Alongside success at the NABMA awards South Molton market has also been awarded a certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor with numerous reviews mentioning the friendly atmosphere.
Town clerk Andrew Coates said: "To be able to compete with such big city markets is an incredible achievement and is testament to how hard the market team work to make our market a success."
You may also want to watch:
South Molton Pannier Market has a number of events planned for the year ahead and has recently seen an upturn in bookings to ensure it was fully booked for the first time during the winter months.
You can keep up to date via the South Molton Pannier Market Facebook page .
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone