South Molton gets ready to party like never before!
Major plans to celebrate the Royal Wedding in style
SOUTH Molton is gearing up to celebrate the Royal Wedding with a party to remember for years to come.
Preparations are well underway to make the event a real red letter day for the town with two giant television screens, live music, children’s entertainment and lashings of champagne and strawberry ice cream!
Billed as the biggest free all-day party the town has seen in years, the celebrations will be centred in and around the pannier market, from 10.30am until 4pm.
South Molton Rugby Club will be operating a licenced bar, while the Scouts will be running a soft drinks bar with a complimentary drink for each child, courtesy of the local Spar shop.
You may also want to watch:
Trestle tables and chairs will be available, but groups are also invited to bring their own.
The event is being jointly arranged and financed by South Molton Business Association SMBA and South Molton Town Council.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
David Walker, chairman of SMBA, said: “Each household in South Molton will receive a hand delivered invitation, and people from the surrounding villages are also welcome to come and join in.
“We are planning to make this a real community event and are delighted that many local groups and schools are involved. South Molton Junior School are already making the bunting to decorate the Pannier Market!
“We hope that this will be a day to remember for many years to come and one brimming with community spirit, which will set the tone for South Molton as the tourist season begins.”
Any local businesses wanting to get involved with sponsorship can contact Mr Walker on (01769) 572742.
WEDDING DAY SCHEDULE
10.30am – The couple travel separately to Westminster Abbey
11am – The Wedding Service
12noon – The newlyweds travel from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace by carriage
12.30pm – The Queen hosts the reception at Buckingham Palace