South Molton gets ready to party like never before!
Major plans to celebrate the Royal Wedding in style
SOUTH Molton is gearing up to celebrate the Royal Wedding with a party to remember for years to come.
Preparations are well underway to make the event a real red letter day for the town with two giant television screens, live music, children’s entertainment and lashings of champagne and strawberry ice cream!
Billed as the biggest free all-day party the town has seen in years, the celebrations will be centred in and around the pannier market, from 10.30am until 4pm.
South Molton Rugby Club will be operating a licenced bar, while the Scouts will be running a soft drinks bar with a complimentary drink for each child, courtesy of the local Spar shop.
You may also want to watch:
Trestle tables and chairs will be available, but groups are also invited to bring their own.
The event is being jointly arranged and financed by South Molton Business Association SMBA and South Molton Town Council.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
David Walker, chairman of SMBA, said: “Each household in South Molton will receive a hand delivered invitation, and people from the surrounding villages are also welcome to come and join in.
“We are planning to make this a real community event and are delighted that many local groups and schools are involved. South Molton Junior School are already making the bunting to decorate the Pannier Market!
“We hope that this will be a day to remember for many years to come and one brimming with community spirit, which will set the tone for South Molton as the tourist season begins.”
Any local businesses wanting to get involved with sponsorship can contact Mr Walker on (01769) 572742.
WEDDING DAY SCHEDULE
10.30am – The couple travel separately to Westminster Abbey
11am – The Wedding Service
12noon – The newlyweds travel from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace by carriage
12.30pm – The Queen hosts the reception at Buckingham Palace