South Molton folk told: ‘Get dancing’
Old and young invited to shake a leg at all-day dance event
PEOPLE in South Molton are being invited to pull on their dancing shoes for a special event taking place in the town next week.
The youth centre in Mill Street is hosting a ‘Day of Dance’ on Wednesday to give people of all ages the chance to try out some dance classes, watch demonstrations and meet local dance teachers.
They will also be able to chat to newly appointed area dance ambassador for North Devon, Katy Lee.
Katy said: “Dance is fantastic – it’s great exercise. And what better way is there to meet new people, make new friends than while you are taking part in a fun dance class?”
You may also want to watch:
The event, taking place from 10am to 3pm, is being organised by Devon Dance Compass as part of an initiative to get Devon dancing.
The project is being funded by Arts Council England and Devon County Council in partnership with Devon Youth Service.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities