South Molton folk told: ‘Get dancing’
Old and young invited to shake a leg at all-day dance event
PEOPLE in South Molton are being invited to pull on their dancing shoes for a special event taking place in the town next week.
The youth centre in Mill Street is hosting a ‘Day of Dance’ on Wednesday to give people of all ages the chance to try out some dance classes, watch demonstrations and meet local dance teachers.
They will also be able to chat to newly appointed area dance ambassador for North Devon, Katy Lee.
Katy said: “Dance is fantastic – it’s great exercise. And what better way is there to meet new people, make new friends than while you are taking part in a fun dance class?”
You may also want to watch:
The event, taking place from 10am to 3pm, is being organised by Devon Dance Compass as part of an initiative to get Devon dancing.
The project is being funded by Arts Council England and Devon County Council in partnership with Devon Youth Service.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened