South Molton farmer given driving ban following toilet dash
A SOUTH Molton dairy farmer with an upset stomach drove his Range Rover at 108 mph in Cambridgeshire, during a desperate attempt to get to a toilet.Geoffrey Brown had eaten some dodgy seafood the previous day, and was facing a desperate call of nature
A SOUTH Molton dairy farmer with an upset stomach drove his Range Rover at 108 mph in Cambridgeshire, during a desperate attempt to get to a toilet.
Geoffrey Brown had eaten some dodgy seafood the previous day, and was facing "a desperate call of nature" at the time he was caught speeding in Chatteris, Ely magistrates were told on Thursday.
The farmer was on his way to the agricultural machinery sale at Sutton at the time of the emergency.
"He had suffered an upset stomach and desperately need to go to the toilet, and he knew there was a service station a mile down the road," solicitor Tom Urwin, defending, explained to the court.
You may also want to watch:
"He simply put his foot down, but didn't realise the speed he was doing."
Brown, 38, admitted driving at 108 mph along the A412 Gaunt Fen Road at Chatteris on January 12.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 9 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
"I deeply regret the speed I was travelling at that morning," he said. "It was a desperate call of nature."
Brown was banned from driving for 56 days and fined �450 with �35 costs and a �15 surcharge.