South Molton core strategy day well attended
THE first in a series of information days on the future of North Devon and Torridge, attracted around 240 people to South Molton Pannier Market where details about the draft core strategy were on display.. The document, which has been prepared by both No
THE first in a series of information days on the future of North Devon and Torridge, attracted around 240 people to South Molton Pannier Market where details about the draft core strategy were on display..
The document, which has been prepared by both North Devon Council and Torridge District Council, sets out proposals for future development up to 2026. This includes:
* 21,000 new homes;
* 13,000 new jobs;
You may also want to watch:
* new provisions such as schools, health centres and open spaces.
Councillor Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning and Development at North Devon Council, said: "There was a really good turn-out in South Molton, with council officers on hand to explain the proposals and to answer any questions. I now hope other people will take up the opportunity to attend our other events, so they also know what is being proposed. Even those who can't make these days can have their say, with our online consultation the easiest way to get involved."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
Other information days planned for North Devon are:
Today (Monday), Fremington Village Hall, 4.30pm to 7.15pm; Friday, January 29 Green Lanes Shopping Centre, 9am to 5pm; Friday, February 5,Barnstaple Pannier Market, 9am to 3pm; Saturday, February 6, Lantern Centre, Ilfracombe,10am to 1pm; Saturday, February 20, Green Lanes Shopping Centre, 9am to 5pm; Sunday, February 21, Lantern Centre, Ilfracombe, 10am to 1pm.
People can view the draft Core Strategy and comment online by going through the council's website www.northdevon.gov.uk/corestrategy. Meanwhile, people in North Devon can also email their comments to LDF@northdevon.gov.uk or write to the Planning Policy Team at the Civic Centre, Barnstaple.: