Johnny Kingdon’s wife Julie will switch on South Molton Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
The wife of local legend Johnny Kingdom will be switching on the South Molton Christmas lights on Friday, November 15.
Julie Kingdom will be joined by Father Christmas to officially switch on the lights at the town's annual festive celebrations.
Television personality, wildlife expert and hugely popular local figure Johnny lost his life in September 2018 when a digger overturned on his land.
The South Molton Christmas revelries will as ever be centred around the main square and Pannier Market, with festivities starting at 4pm.
There will be an hour-long set from highly acclaimed band, Stillyano, and the evening will be rounded off with a huge free, firework display in Central Park at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be plenty to see and do as the market will be packed with some great family entertainment, including festive mini golf, inflatable rides and a snow globe, plus an exciting array of food and drink stalls, including Greek and Indian menus.
Many of the town's shops and cafes will be open.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward