South Molton Carnival was magnificent
SOUTH Molton Pre-School proved that too many cooks don t always spoil the broth when they were crowned overall champion at South Molton Carnival on Saturday. Youngsters and staff from the school cooked up a storm with a foodie-themed float, winning the to
SOUTH Molton Pre-School proved that too many cooks don't always spoil the broth when they were crowned overall champion at South Molton Carnival on Saturday.
Youngsters and staff from the school cooked up a storm with a foodie-themed float, winning the top honour and �50 prize money in this year's Lions' Club carnival.
South Molton Vintage Rally Club's "Vintage Harvest" was also a hit with the judges, picking up the �25 prize and HSBC bank trophy for Best South Molton entry.
Rally club chairman Liz Quick thanked the local Lions' Club for organising the event: "Thanks also to all those who were part of the 'team' that helped with the club's carnival entries; we are very pleased and proud to have been awarded two first prizes and the perpetual shield for one of the best entries."
You may also want to watch:
A host of costumed characters made the most of blue skies to entertain crowds of people in the town after South Molton Community College student Josie Ardy, 15, from Chittlehampton, was crowned carnival queen alongside attendants Caitlin Squire and Harry Shiels from South Molton Infant School.
South Molton Lions president, Mary Aslan, said: "This year's event was a great success and was thoroughly enjoyed by all the participants.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
"We would like to extend our great appreciation of all those who made such a magnificent effort to make it such a wonderful day. We owe our thanks to those who participated, those who donated their hard earned cash, and the businesses of South Molton who sponsored the event.
"We shall be shortly be counting the collection and working out how much we have raised for Exmoor Search and Rescue Team.