Somerset man in court over knife robberies at Barnstaple store
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple. Karl Neal, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrat
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple.
Karl Cullen, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple this morning (Friday) where he was charged with two counts of robbery and two counts of possession of a bladed instrument.
No application for bail was made.
The first incident at Summerland Stores was on April 1 and the second incident took place July 22.
You may also want to watch:
Cullen was remanded to HM Prison Exeter pending his next court appearance.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up