Somerset man in court over knife robberies at Barnstaple store
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple. Karl Neal, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrat
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple.
Karl Cullen, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple this morning (Friday) where he was charged with two counts of robbery and two counts of possession of a bladed instrument.
No application for bail was made.
The first incident at Summerland Stores was on April 1 and the second incident took place July 22.
You may also want to watch:
Cullen was remanded to HM Prison Exeter pending his next court appearance.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody