Somerset man in court over knife robberies at Barnstaple store
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple. Karl Neal, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrat
A 35-year-old man has been remanded in prison after being charged with two knife point robberies at Summerland Stores in Summerland Street, Barnstaple.
Karl Cullen, from Yeovil, was arrested on Wednesday in Somerset and appeared before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple this morning (Friday) where he was charged with two counts of robbery and two counts of possession of a bladed instrument.
No application for bail was made.
The first incident at Summerland Stores was on April 1 and the second incident took place July 22.
You may also want to watch:
Cullen was remanded to HM Prison Exeter pending his next court appearance.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton