Snowdrop extravaganza at Hartland Abbey
Antiques Roadshow location opens its doors for the Snowdrop and Spring Flower Weekend of February 11 and 12.
EARLY blooms of all kinds will be flourishing as Hartland Abbey opens its doors to the public for its Snowdrop and Spring Flower Weekend on Saturday and Sunday February 11 and 12.
Alongside carpets of snowdrops, many planted hundreds of years ago, there will be daffodils, camellias, hellebores, scillas and a variety of flowers to enjoy between 11am-4pm on both days.
Visitors are welcome to bring as many dogs as they wish and explore the meandering paths through the gardens and estate. The house itself will be open from 12 noon-4pm.
There will also be a free Family Treasure Hunt and a barbecue as well as delicious pasties and cream teas provided by the church ladies of St Nectan’s.
You may also want to watch:
Hartland Abbey will also be appearing on The Antiques Roadshow on Sunday, February 26 for a second programme, filmed last summer.
Entry is �3.50 for adults and �1 for children over five. House entry costs �4, children free. Visit www.hartlandabbey.com for more information.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl