Snowdrop extravaganza at Hartland Abbey
Antiques Roadshow location opens its doors for the Snowdrop and Spring Flower Weekend of February 11 and 12.
EARLY blooms of all kinds will be flourishing as Hartland Abbey opens its doors to the public for its Snowdrop and Spring Flower Weekend on Saturday and Sunday February 11 and 12.
Alongside carpets of snowdrops, many planted hundreds of years ago, there will be daffodils, camellias, hellebores, scillas and a variety of flowers to enjoy between 11am-4pm on both days.
Visitors are welcome to bring as many dogs as they wish and explore the meandering paths through the gardens and estate. The house itself will be open from 12 noon-4pm.
There will also be a free Family Treasure Hunt and a barbecue as well as delicious pasties and cream teas provided by the church ladies of St Nectan’s.
You may also want to watch:
Hartland Abbey will also be appearing on The Antiques Roadshow on Sunday, February 26 for a second programme, filmed last summer.
Entry is �3.50 for adults and �1 for children over five. House entry costs �4, children free. Visit www.hartlandabbey.com for more information.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising