Snow possible this weekend as temperatures set to plummet
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters say the possibility of snow should not be ruled out as temperatures fall and ice warnings dished out for North Devon.
TEMPERATURES are set to drop this weekend as the Met Office issues a yellow weather warning for ice.
Motorists are urged to stay safe on the roads as temperatures are expected to fall rapidly with a risk of ice from 6pm Saturday until 10am Sunday.
Some parts of the country are set to experience snow and while North Devon is currently forecast to remain clear, experts say the possiblity can’t be ruled out.
Paul Gundersen, Met Office chief forecaster, said: “All parts of the UK will see cold weather setting in over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“We can expect sleet and snow showers to affect eastern areas at times, but with a battle developing between the cold air in the east and mild air pushing in from the west, no one should be surprised to see sleet or snow over the weekend and next week.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new