Snow possible across North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Forecast shows heavy rain and thunderstorms with a chance of snow on high ground today (Mon).
HIGH ground in North Devon could experience some snow today (Mon) with heavy ran showers and dropping temperatures.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain for the region from 2am this morning until 6pm.
Heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms are on the cards, with the possibility of hail and some snow on high ground.
A chief forecaster said: “An area of low pressure will move southeast across southwest England during Monday morning, then eastwards towards the Isle of Wight in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Bands of heavy showers, some with hail and thunder will develop in the circulation of the low, leading to some locally large rainfall totals (20-30 mm), whilst other places will see relatively small amounts of rain.
“The air will be cold enough for rain to turn to snow over the hills of southwest England and south Wales during Monday morning with some temporary accumulations of snow possible above 300-400 metres.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park