Snow possible across North Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Forecast shows heavy rain and thunderstorms with a chance of snow on high ground today (Mon).
HIGH ground in North Devon could experience some snow today (Mon) with heavy ran showers and dropping temperatures.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain for the region from 2am this morning until 6pm.
Heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms are on the cards, with the possibility of hail and some snow on high ground.
A chief forecaster said: “An area of low pressure will move southeast across southwest England during Monday morning, then eastwards towards the Isle of Wight in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Bands of heavy showers, some with hail and thunder will develop in the circulation of the low, leading to some locally large rainfall totals (20-30 mm), whilst other places will see relatively small amounts of rain.
“The air will be cold enough for rain to turn to snow over the hills of southwest England and south Wales during Monday morning with some temporary accumulations of snow possible above 300-400 metres.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience