SNOW: Latest schools information
The following schools have informed us that they will be CLOSED today, Tuesday, 12 January: Boasley Cross Primary Broadwoodwidger Primary Holsworthy Community College Hartland Primary Lampard School - (Closed to students - Open to staff) Marland School
The following schools have informed us that they will be CLOSED today, Tuesday, 12 January:
Boasley Cross Primary
Holsworthy Community College
You may also want to watch:
Lampard School - (Closed to students - Open to staff)
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Northam St Georges (Open to staff only, Park in Sandymere Road) Parracombe Primary(Pupils & staff are asked to attend Kentisbury & Lynton Schools) Umberleigh Primary
The following schools will be closing early today:
Bideford College - (YEARS 10-13 ONLY) closing at 1.00 pm
Mary Tavy Primary
Ilsington Primary - closing at noon
Lady Modiford's Primary - closing at 1.00pm today and closed tomorrow due to broken boilers
Lifton Primary Lydford Primary - closing at 1.15pm
Okehampton College - OPEN for Lessons 1, 2 and 3 for years 9 to 13. Because of the forecast weather, buses taking students home at noon.
Tavistock College - closing at 12.45 pm
The following schools are open, with the restrictions detailed:
Park Community School, Barnstaple - OPEN for years 7, 10 and 11 only.
St Michael's School, Tawstock - Staggered drop-off times: Nursery between 8-8:45, Pre and Main School 9:00 onwards. Pupils must bring a packed lunch. Parents must drop children off at the portcullis If your school is not listed above, please assume it is open as normal.
If in doubt, parents are advised to listen to local radio or contact their school for further information / updates.
It is hoped today that school transport operators will once more be operational on primary routes and in more urban areas wherever it is safe or practicable. However there is still some transport disruption in the North of the county and in rural areas. Parents are once again advised to contact their local school transport operator directly for information, or to check their local radio website.
To ensure access to secondary and community college sites across the county, key access roads and main entrances will once again be gritted in the morning where possible or practical.
There is a chance of further snow across the county later today, and parents are advised to contact their local school directly or listen to their local radio station in the morning for up to date advice on any potential school closure and again later in the day should local conditions worsen if a school needs to close early.